Serves: Makes 1 2/3 cups or 18 (2-tablespoon) servings.
- 1 package (7 ounces) ZATARAIN'S® Black Beans and Rice
- 1/2 cup salsa (we use Frog Bone Salsa!)
- 1/2 cup sour cream, Mexican crema
- 1/2 pound Spanish-style chorizo, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chopped canned jalapeño peppers (we use Tabasco spicy beans!)
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- Tortilla chips (we use Zapp's!)
10 mins Prep time 35 mins Cook time
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare Rice Mix as directed on package using 2 cups water
- Meanwhile, mix salsa and sour cream in small bowl. Set aside. Cook chorizo in medium skillet on medium heat 1 minute. Add green onions, cilantro and jalapeño peppers; cook and stir 1 minute
- Spread rice mixture in bottom of 11x7-inch baking dish. Layer with salsa mixture then chorizo mixture. Sprinkle with cheese
- Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips or Zapp's Potato Chips for a NAWLINS flare!
SHOP TOTALLY NAWLINS PRODUCTS IN THIS RECIPE!